Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The greatness of our God

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 NIV)


I have been in trouble..I have had 2 major downfalls and many minor ones. But now I can hear the voice of God saying that I should not wait for a third one. It is now that I decide that I am for God alone. That He is with me and that I should move forward to Him. I was filled with thoughts of being undeserving, thoughts of ridicule from my friends, but now I know that it is God asking me to speak these words to them. God is asking me to proclaim His greatness to everyone I will walk with in this life. 


Everyday as I pray in the morning, God fills me with inspiration. Of things that I should say to people when I meet them. But sometimes He is also silent. He knows that in silence we can speak to Him. I speak to the Lord. I ask for His cleansing and His grace. I know that I cannot do it with my own strength. I cannot do anything in my own strength. It is through God that everything is done. Everything in the world happens with the permission of God. It will suffice that  we know that. But the reasons for why they happen are not ours to know. That is why we should stop asking "why?".


It is hard to be obedient. For the moment you take a single step to become obedient, you will be tempted to go back almost immediately. Ask God for the strength to push on. To push forward despite of temptations. And you will see how good our God is. And you will feel how magnificent it is to be in His presence.


Believe me, it feels much better to have God than a new cellphone, a new car, a new house, a new partner, a new business or all of them combined. It is so much better to have God than all that you dream of in this world. You think that all of these things satisfy you. But no, they distract you from your real goal. To serve the purpose God has made for you. That is why all success that you are experiencing now should be for His glory. it should be given back to God. It should serve for His purposes.


In your daily life you will be filled with unclean thoughts. You will be filled with negative thoughts. And you should be well aware that NO NEGATIVE THING COMES FROM GOD. So take heart, pray for cleansing against this impure and evil thoughts.  Cast them out in the name of Jesus Christ. And ask the Holy Spirit to fill you and remain in you to guard you and to guide you. For we are always in a spiritual battle. Wherever we are. We should always remember that we should remain in the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment