Thursday, August 4, 2011

The God of Silence

This I realized as I was rediscovering myself.


I was waiting for God to speak all the time.
I did not realize that through everything, He is silent.
When I was happy, giving Him thanks, He is silent.
When I am down, crying unto Him, He is silent.
When I shout, sometimes blaming everything on Him, He is silent.


But He answers...
Not through His words...
But through everything else.
Now, that's more than words can give you.


He will lead,
He will show you,
He will make you feel.


As for me,
I may not have received everything I have asked for,
But every prayer was answered.


Obedience. was the only answer.
Whether you get it or not.
We do not really have any control over anything.
We cannot dictate our circumstances.
Rather, we should prepare ourselves and equip our minds and spirits that we should be able to handle everything coming our way.
That is why it is necessary to wear the armor of righteousness.
(I bet some would say, "what is this person talking about?")
If you read the bible,
Mt 7:13"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.


If you find life easy, and you find yourself giving in to all your comforts and happiness, most especially at the expense of other people, better think twice.
Life is hard, but it becomes easy when you know how to kneel down and ask for help from the One who can and will help.


God will only give you a task you can do. If He brought you to it, He will bring you through it.
I know that in this generation, many have fallen into sin.
If everybody's doing it, why don't we do it as well.


I have fallen into that once,too.
and I have realized, that is what makes us different from animals.
We do not rely on our feelings (how many times have your feelings let you down?),instincts, on our intuition,
We rely on our God.
And on our part, we are called to be like Him.
Christ- like.
After all, we are created after His image and likeness.
If you want to boast about that, why don't you practice it as well?


It is important to hear the silence of God.
Because it is in this silence that we realize how far we have gone from Him.
It is in this silence that we are drawn near to Him, again.
It is in this silence that we encounter Him.
And it is in this silence, that He answers us.

No comments:

Post a Comment