Friday, February 14, 2014

It's all about PERSPECTIVE

"Just stay Positive because God always has a better plan!" 

This is what my mom, dad, brothers, friends and loved ones would say whenever I fail or feel down for not being able to accomplish what I am supposed to be doing. Right now, it was passing a licensure exam. I have failed once and now, twice. Though there is a indistinct voice in my head trying to make me feel down, there is a greater feeling of consolation from the words that my loved ones shower upon me. It is really encouraging to know that God does have a plan for us. 


I was devastated by the results I got, thinking that I have done my best and have prepared so much but still to no avail. I wanted to say that I was tired, but after thinking about it, it is true: God has a better plan. I chose to look at what was happening instead of what has not happened. 


Let's see, instead of passing the licensure exam and getting to work overseas, I was not able to pass. 
This could mean that God is still not finished in preparing me to be alone and away from my family. He is sparing me from some misery that working away may cause. He is also preparing me experience-wise. I will be handling a great deal of cases and patients and a meager experience may leave me even more exhausted because I will practically be lost and confused with something I am not familiar with. He gave me a chance to take and re-take probably to give me a heads up on what is coming ahead. That I will be able to take it in the future and not be shocked by the change. 

There are lots of better reasons why things don't happen rather than reasons for why they should. What matters is, God indeed has a better plan and He sees the whole road while I can only see these next few steps. He is in control and I know that He would never let me get hurt because He loves each one of us as if we were the only one living in this world. 


Perspective helps you in dealing with ANY situation that comes, no matter how hard it is. We should thank God that He doesn't always give us what we want because sometimes what we think is absolutely best for us could turn out to be the worst decision we ever made. So I believe that relying on God to do the decision making is essential to life. Like the apostle Paul said in Phil 4:6-7" Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."


We literally have to pray about EVERYTHING. The very beat that comes from your heart is from Him therefore you are incapable of doing anything on your own because He is the sole provider of your life. When God delays, they are not denials, they are simply little hurdles that we have to overcome with Him so that we learn to call on Him and learn the importance of walking with Him in every second of our lives. Outside of Him nothing can be done. So a perspective that is focused on God can really help us in dealing with our situations because He always has a purpose. He makes sure that absolutely no second of your life is without purpose.


No one is ever destroyed by being positive but I'm pretty sure being negative will. So you may feel like there is this voice keeping you on the negative, even when your body doesn't feel like being positive, it all begins by thinking positively and speaking positively whether we may or may not feel like it on the outside.

Do it gradually, just think of positive things little by little everyday, and you will see a great improvement in your life! I used to be a mess putting myself down with my own thoughts, but now, even I am surprised that I have the grace to keep moving and stay at peace. Remember that patience helps you keep your peace.

Keep pressing on because God is on your team!


Is 55:8
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment